“Supporting the Judicial Council in establishing Quality System for Evaluation of Judges” project is implemented by the Center for Legal Research and Analysis in period from November 2019 to November 2020.
The project has an aim to support the work of the Judicial Council, through adequate application of Law on Judicial Council. In accordance with the legal amendments, the criteria for evaluation and promotion, will evaluate the judges through process of making decisions. The qualitative and quantitative criteria for assessing the work done by judges will be systematized following the legal area, the complexity of cases and the competence of the court. The establishment of a quality system for evaluation of judges will contribute for professional and independent procedure and at the same time will put high standards for the quality of judges.
The objectives of the project is:
– Strengthening the quality and efficiency of the judicial performance to ensure accountability of the judiciary before the citizens;
– To enhance the capacities of the Judicial Council, Supreme Court and the Appellate Courts for evaluation of judge’s professional work and abilities.
In order to achieve the above mentioned objectives, the following activities are:
– drafting Methodology for complexity of cases;
– making methodology for evaluation of judges;
– drafting rule-book and templates for supporting the Judicial Council in the adequate implementation of the developed methodologies;
– delivery of training in order to ensure efficient and uniform implementation of the methodologies;
– piloting the system for evaluation of judges;
The final results from the project:
– improved quality and efficiency of the judicial system to ensure accountability of the judiciary before the citizens;
– including the quantitative and qualitative criteria of a judge’s work which means handling of complex cases, independence and efficiency in the process of making decisions;
– enhanced capacities of the Judicial Council and the Supreme Court for evaluation of judge’s professional work and abilities.
Financial support for the implementation of the project is provided by the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands.